A Weathercaster's journal

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Chu,chu,chu,chu Changes(time to face the 'blame')

Keeping Meghan Danahey around? I knew it would be tough. She's only the most highly credentialed female Forecaster to ever wander through this TV market. And for folks ready to take the next step in their career...working in a TV market that has it's place in severe weather history looks pretty darn good on the resume! So off to (so called) sunny Florida Megs goes...and I've been asked to take responsibilty of the channel 6 weather office. I'm flattered that I was even considered to be in the same class as Meghan and it will be difficult to maintain her high standards, But I'll do my best.

I've been pretty darn bad a keeping the "Wichta Falls Weather" blog updated, but I'm hoping, as we get closer to fall, and weather returns to the Red River Valley I will 'freshen' the blog at least weekly.

As always...I invite everyone who stumbles onto these pages to comment, if only to let me know you were here.

Here ends year one of "Wichita Falls Weather"...I'm excited about what year two has in store.

JC

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,
Congrads on the new position I know you feel you have big shoes to fill but I know without a doubt you will do good, we are going to miss Mehgan she is such nice person she was such an asset to KAUZ she will be missed by my family but we know you can do it because i remember back in March I was having to make an emergency trip to New Mexico as my dad was ill and i called you and you gave me the precise weather on going thru Lubbock and easteren New Mexico as there was a winter storm approaching and you gave me almost to the 30 min track of the storm and as the result we knew when to leave and what to expect and we had a safe trip to and from NM so thank you Best wishes. Oh yes where did Nicole Sweetin go I know she has been gone for some time but never knew where she went. God Bless

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Kathy,

Thank you so much for your kind words for Meghan and myself. Meghan was one of a kind. We will miss her. I'm flattered that station management has allowed me this opportunity to serve you in this way. I remember your phone call. I was quite concerned about your well being considering that winter storm. Nice to know things worked out!

Nicole went to Beaumont after leaving channel 6 but eventually got out of the weather biz to start a career in Las Vegas. She does visit Wichita Falls occasionally to see family. Thanks for taking the time to write!

John Cameron

9:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think you are doing a great job, John. Hope you stick around longer than those women did.

12:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan seems to be doing well at WBAP. It is great to hear her on the air on a regular basis. Now, where has John Cameron gone?

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home