A Weathercaster's journal

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The New & Improved Newschannel 6

After month-long total metamorphosis, we debuted our new look today. We literally gutted the studio (while doing news and weather from the newsroom), re-tiled the studio floor, completely replaced our lighting rig, and built a whole new (pre-fabbed)set that was designed in Pittsburg, PA. Quite honestly, its like I'm working at a different station. Thank goodness the faces are the same. If a new set wasn't enough, we have all new news and weather graphics and we even changed the style and color of the Newschannel 6 logo. This is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Needless to say, I was a bucket of nerves this morning. The green wall(where I do my weathercasts) is new and the monitors are larger and lower. It was just strange.

It would appear the station's ownership really wants to make us Texoma's news and weather leader. This will be cool once I settle down, and get into the groove!

Here's a picture of the weathercenter
Storm Team Command Center

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a bit of a news/weather geek so it's awesome to come across blogs such as yours!

BTW, I love how the new setup looks. It's been about 3 years since I visited the studios, but with that being said... it's something to see the new look.

I have to say that I think it's the best looking thing on TV around the area. Just a pseudo-professional opinion since I've worked at stations that have had "less" (an understatement) to work with.

Please continue posting, it looks quite promising!

3:31 AM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

Fredrick,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're pleased as punch with our new look and so happy that you're watching. Thanks for browsing the blog. We'll do our best to keepthing up to date. Visit again soon

John Cameron
Chief Forecaster

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home