A Weathercaster's journal

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

F.Y.I

The Cameron Necktie

Once every 2 weeks or so you'll catch me at the weather wall with what appears to be questionable selection of neckties. Its bad enough that the tie is plaid. Furthermore the combination of colors (red, green and yellow) can be unsettling to the meek.

I'm certainly not trying to stay on the cutting edge of fashion. I'm merely acknowledging my Scottish heritage. That "plaid" design is known as a tartan.
That combination of colors and stripes is worn as a family "flag" of sorts. Anyone well versed in Scotish history can probably guess a person's surname simply by looking at the color and pattern on thier kilt. Clan Cameron used this tartan for over 5 centuries. Anyone whom can trace their bloodline back to Scotland or Ireland will likely find a tartan that represents their history and heritage.

John Cameron
www.clan-cameron.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home