A Weathercaster's journal

Monday, July 19, 2004

Outlook

July Cold Fronts?!!!

You know, I've been doing weather for Channel 6 either as a substitute or a full-time weathercaster since February of '99. Not to mention, I've lived in Texoma since I was 6. I would like to think I know what our skies are capable of. It's rare in July that I get to center the weekly forecast around the anticipation of a passing cold front. This week's outlook focuses in the 3rd cold front in as many weeks. A ridge of high pressure will keep us hot and dry through mid-week. As the late-week cold front approaches, rain chances will improve. Right now it looks like the window of opportunity for rain will open Thursday evening and close Saturday morning. If this front is as powerful as the surface prognisis suggests, I wouldn't be suprised we saw highs in the upper 80s on Saturday or maybe Sunday. Below is a chart showing the forecasted position of the front 5 days from now.

John Cameron


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home