A Weathercaster's journal

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Journal

I walked around the block again this morning before I got ready to go to work. It was as if God turned the world off so that we(or those whom may have been sleeping) may sleep peacefully. There was no apparent wind. Nary a leaf quivered on this silent night. The only creature I saw was a toad. A toad that was so fat it looked like one of those Mrs Baird's sesame seed hamburger buns, the big ones. As I rounded the block for the second time I realized why this toad was so plump. He doesn't obviously move much. I'll assume his position was strategic in nature. He was parked under a corner street lamp awaiting bugs drawn in by the light. I didn't notice any bugs even close to within striking distance. Judging from the toads weight problem, he may have already eaten everything in sight.
Anyway, the stars were amazing again. To heck with constellations. I could have built schematics for a super computer with all the stars available to me.
Being so very early in the morning, one fear I have is having the police called on me. Of course, someone would have to be awake in order to call the authorities.

John Cameron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home