A Weathercaster's journal

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Let's get this party started!

Well "blogging" seems to be the word of the day when it comes to things online. I set this site up to archive the day-to-day weather events (and non-events) occurring over the Red River Valley of Southwest Oklahoma and Western North Texas. I wont have to put much effort into coming up with material because weather is my job. That's right! I'm a weathercaster for a local TV station, or as the natives say "You're the weatherman!"

If there's one thing this part of the country is known for, it is very hot summers. In fact, I would wager that from year to year, this little nook of Texas is one of the hottest places east of The Rocky Mountains.
So, what better time to kick off this blog than on [what appears to be] our first day of 100 degree heat. At least that's what my forecast is saying.
Due to the tranquility of summer, I should have ample time to keep this blog up to date. I hope to create a diary of sorts of North Texas weather and the occasional personal note. The Good Lord knows people here in "Texoma" love to talk weather, so I'm hoping a few folks will stumble across this sight and offer wisdom or anecdotes.

John Cameron
"Red Rover"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home